Here what Christian Heilmann says:
As I am a lazy person and I think blogging is first and foremost about content and availability, I wanted to re-use as much as possible the good stuff other people have done and then tweak it a bit to fit my needs.
This is what this WordPress theme gives you:
- clean, simple markup
- a grids layout that changes with the available browser space
- a fixed right side menu for easy access of the search and pages
- an hCard in the footer to download to Outlook or Mail
- Nice, easy-to-read typography without any fancy distractions
What it does not give you (as I hadn’t had time to look into these):
- Ajax that nobody really needs
- the new WordPress enhancements like the dynamic sidebar
- pop-up comments (come on, this is 2008!)
You can see a few messier, older versions of this theme at work on my personal blog and on Scripting Enabled, the event I am organising about accessibility hacking later this year.
- Bintang Kejora WordPress Theme: Blue-Red-White based on YUI Grids and Hybrid Theme Framework (papuawp.wordpress.com)
- Zeitgeist Creative WordPress Theme (photographythemes.wordpress.com)